- Employer: Illinois State University Wonsook Kim College of Fine Arts, Normal, IL
- Salary: $35,000 - $37,000 per year
The Curator and Preparator assists the Director and Chief Curator in organizing, installing, publicizing, maintaining, archiving, and providing programming for exhibitions and collections.
- The Curator II also independently curates exhibitions and creates public programming opportunities.
- The Curator and Preparator writes press releases and explicatory texts; engages in frequent communication with artists, art galleries, collectors, faculty, and students; photographs and documents exhibitions; organizes and updates image archives; co-designs books, brochures, and posters; and updates the gallery’s website and social media accounts.
- The Curator and Preparator functions as the Preparator and works closely with the Director, Registrar, and student workers to install and maintain exhibitions.
- The Curator and Preparator also maintains and updates the exhibition supplies and tools; supervises the technology inventory; and supervises or assists with all aspects of exhibition installation.
- The Curator and Preparator also helps maintain the permanent collection, trains gallery interns and graduate assistants, acts as a liaison to faculty and students, and engages in various other administrative duties.