- Employer: Skagit County Historical Museum
The Collection Manager of the Skagit County Historical Museum has primary responsibility for the Museum’s 3D object collection care as guided by the Collections Policy. The Collection Manager participates in decisions regarding what objects to select, completes research and documentation, provides proper packaging of objects for storage and transportation. Assists with development of exhibits and activities sharing the collection with the public. Collection Manager is part of the Museum Team, collaborating with staff, volunteers and Board Members to accomplish our goals.
• Maintenance, conservation, and documenting all objects.
• Assures proper handling, storage, and care of accessioned Museum objects according to Collections Policy.
• Generates, maintains, and updates as necessary all collection documentation, including loan forms, insurance, etc.
• Enters collection records into Past Perfect museum software and generates inventories and database reports as requested.
• Assists with design, installation, and deinstallation of exhibits. Provides information on the particular objects used in exhibits.
• With Director, develops annual goals and objectives for collections management.
• Recommends materials, supplies and equipment for collections care for budget preparation.
• Provides guidance to, and works alongside, volunteers and staff as they process objects.
• Does research on artifacts to identify object, determine its use and authenticity, dates, and significance.
• Disseminates information on the collection to staff, researchers, and public. Responds to requests and inquiries and provides appropriate public access to collections.
• Recommends acquisitions to, and de-accessioning from, collections.
• Works in conjunction with Museum staff and the Board of Trustees to de-accession objects.
• Participates in appropriate fundraising activities.
• Assists with exhibit receptions and Visitor Services tasks as needed.
The duties listed above are intended only as general illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.