« Back to all jobs Associate Registrar
- Employer: ICA Boston, Boston, MA
The Institute of Contemporary Art seeks an enthusiastic and organized Associate Registrar. The individual should be able to work at a busy pace, multitask, have excellent interpersonal skills, and be a good problem solver. The Associate Registrar works as part of a team to organize and mount exhibitions and touring-exhibition programs and assisting the Senior Registrar in the management of the ICA’s collection and archive. The Associate Registrar will be responsible for a broad range of registration functions including organizing artwork transport and storage, completing documentation and budget projections, loan forms, and filing condition reports. While possessing the ability to work independently it is also critical to possess the ability to work in conjunction with a team. Schedule includes domestic and international travel and some nights and weekend hours in conjunction with installations and loans. This is a full-time, salaried position.
- All ICA employees are required to reside in Massachusetts or within a reasonable commuting distance from our Seaport location as of their first day of work.
- All ICA employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of work to be in compliance with the vaccine policy.
- Manage registration tasks for several exhibitions each year. Responsible for coordinating the packing and transport of all artwork in exhibition projects assigned. Maintain and generate necessary documents as requested, such as loan agreements, crate lists, insurance lists and packing reports, for incoming loans and exhibition tours. Complete condition and packing reports during installation periods.
- Work within assigned budget, processing and filing registration documents, and assist Senior Registrar and Director of Exhibitions as needed.
- Travel as requested and/or approved with touring exhibitions and act as a courier with ICA collection loans.
- Assist the Senior Registrar as needed in the management and care and storage of the ICA’s permanent collection.
- Maintain and organize exhibitions and collections records including TMS database updates as well as archiving appropriate materials at the close of an exhibition, in the ICA’s exhibition archive.
- Perform administrative duties associated with registration, including contacting vendors for estimates and ordering and organizing supplies.
- Maintain and clean objects in the galleries on a regular schedule and as required and in conjunction with the Preparators and Facilities department.
- With the Senior Registrar, work with the Visitor Assistants to provide adequate security for the works on view. Prepare and organize stanchions or other protective mechanisms needed for objects on view.