- Employer: Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros, New York, New York, USA
- Salary: $35,000 - $45,000 per year
Work as part of a team to facilitate the daily operations of the Collections Management department of a private art collection.
- Maintenance and expansion of information in the collection’s database, which uses the program Museum Plus and related digital archives [BOX]. This will include registering new acquisitions, standardizing previously entered data, and maintaining and standardizing the digital archives. The position also includes performing research to expand the depth of information about the artworks, and appropriately filing that information within the database.
- Process paperwork and correspondence for loans and exhibitions, including loan agreements, copyright permissions, insurance policies, and checklists. This requires extreme attention to detail and consistent accuracy.
- Managing the expenses of the Collections Management department, including processing invoices, keeping track of expenses, and assisting in developing annual budget proposals.
- Working with the Collections Manager to maintain the physical storages for the CPPC artworks. This includes performing physical inventories, condition reports, labeling, photography, and other documentation. This will require light manual work, including wrapping and unwrapping artworks, and placing them safely onto shelves and racks in the primary storage facility located in another city. Please note frequent overnight trips, often with short notice, are required.
- Working with the Collections Manager to maintain inventories in private locations and managed storage facilities in the United States, Europe, and Latin America.
- Occasional International and Domestic travel to oversee shipping for outgoing loans and itinerant exhibitions may be required.
Please send your CV and cover letter with two previous jobs reference contact to [email protected].