State Conference Stipends 2020
Application deadline: January 31, 2020
Stipends available: 4
As a regional organization, RC-WR is proud to provide opportunities for our members to attend state museum conferences in addition to regional and national conferences. In 2020, RC-WR is offering a total of six (6) stipends in the amount of $400 each to members who wish to attend their state museum association’s annual conference. Because these conferences will occur at different times from March through October, four stipends will be distributed in January, and the remainder will be distributed in June. Please see the list below for the date and location of your state museum association’s annual conference:
January Distribution (4 stipends available)
• California Association of Museums, March 4-6, 2020, Los Angeles, CA
• Hawai’i Museums Association, March 19-21, 2020, Windward Community College, Honolulu, HI
• Museum Association of Arizona, March 23, 2020, Phoenix, AZ
• Washington Museum Association, June 17-19, 2020, Olympia, WA
June Distribution (remaining 2 or more stipends)
• Idaho Association of Museums, Idaho Heritage Conference, September 15-17, 2020, Pocatello, ID
• Utah Museums Association, September 30 – October 2nd, 2020, St. George, UT
• Oregon Museums Association, collaborating with WMA on regional conference in Portland, OR (see WMA stipends)
• Museums Alaska, TBD, 2020 not yet announced, likely in September
• Nevada Museums Association, TBD, 2020 not yet announced, likely in October
Stipend awardees will be required to write about a session that they attend at the conference for publication in the RC-WR newsletter.
You must be a current member of RC-WR and submit:
- Letter of application (explain necessity of funding and indicate how attending will benefit your professional development)
- Current resume
- Letter of recommendation from a supervisor, previous client, or colleague
Due to a conflict of interest, non-voting members and sponsor members are not eligible to apply for RC-WR stipends.
Send the above to RC-WR Vice Chair, Beth Sanders. Awardees will be notified by: February 4, 2020.