« Back to all jobs Springfield History Museum-Museum Collection Technician
- Employer: The Springfield History Museum, Springfield, OR
- Salary: $20.14- $28.19/ hour
- Posting Closes: September 25, 2022
The Springfield History Museum is seeking a part-time limited duration Collection Technician to focus on the Photographs Collection. Responsibilities will include identifying issues within the current collection as well as processing new donations. As well as work within other collections as time permits.
This position is part-time, limited duration. The schedule is flexible within the 9am-6pm, Tuesday through Saturday work week.
The Museum, part of the Library Department, is committed to making the City a great place to work where diversity of culture, background, experience, and thought are fostered. If you share our passion preserving local history and making it accessible to our community, we encourage you to apply.
Summary of Essential Duties:
• Research, process, and correct existing and new collection donations. Catalogue and process objects in the museum’s collections management database, creating or updating records as needed.
• Prepare items for storage and/or exhibition. Selects items and archival materials from the collection for processing and digitization based on historical significance and importance to the public.
• Photograph and scan objects and archival materials according to current archival/collection standards.
• Maintains data log of procedures, track items through process, and create summary records of work done.
• Assist with image use requests from the public.
• Answer general email/visitor requests regarding the museum’s archives.
• Prepare items for researchers and monitor their use.
• Answer phone and direct inquiries to appropriate staff when needed.