- Employer: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, CA
- Salary: $60,000 per year
LACMA is currently seeking to fill an exhibitions registrar position. Reporting to the Registrar, Exhibitions & Loans, this position will organize and manage several large, complicated exhibitions as part of LACMA’s ambitious in-house and internationally traveling exhibitions program. In addition, this position will support LACMA’s Outgoing Loans program.
- Review and negotiate loan agreements with lenders, and communicate conservation, installation, and security requirements to staff.
- Work with the lenders and collaborating institutions to arrange crating, shipping, and courier arrangements.
- Plan and manage the installation and deinstallation schedules for each exhibition.
- Assemble and maintain digital condition reports.
- Take packing notes during installations.
- Create installation notes for traveling exhibitions.
- Produce crating, shipping, condition reporting and courier sections for domestic and international Indemnity Applications, as well as oversee the arrangements for indemnified exhibitions at LACMA and subsequent venues.
- Travel with exhibitions to oversee installation/de-installations of LACMA-organized exhibitions at other venues; Process loan requests for LACMA’s collection and secure internal approvals to arrange outgoing loans.
- Create and negotiate loan contracts for outgoing loans.
- Coordinate schedule and work requests with museum departments to prepare, move, and pack loans before shipping, as well as the reverse for loans returning to LACMA.
- Work with international and domestic institutions to make packing, shipping, and courier arrangements.