- Employer: Norton Simon Museum
Rights and Reproductions Coordinator
Full Time, Non-Exempt
The Norton Simon Museum is known around the world as one of the most remarkable private art collections ever assembled. Over a thirty-year period, industrialist Norton Simon (1907–1993) amassed an exquisite collection of European art from the Renaissance to the 20th century and South and Southeast Asian art spanning 2,000 years. Approximately 1,000 works from the permanent collection of 12,000 objects are on view in the Norton Simon Museum’s galleries and sculpture garden throughout the year. The Museum is located in beautiful Pasadena, California, just steps from the bustling Old Pasadena district known for its shops and restaurants, and adjacent to the vibrant neighborhoods of northeast Los Angeles, Glendale and South Pasadena. Easily accessible by public transportation, the Museum also offers its employees free parking, as well as free admission to the Museum anytime, and discounts in the store and café. Full time employees can expect excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and a pension program.
Reporting to the Chief Curator, this full-time position oversees rights and reproductions, permissions, and collections imaging.
- Coordinate all rights and reproductions requests, including producing contracts, procuring image files, and delivering image files to external requesters
- Obtain reproduction rights for Museum publications, web content, digital projects, newsletters, exhibitions, and educational, promotional, and marketing projects
- Oversee and coordinate the photography of all art objects, including setting imaging priorities in consultation with the Collections Manager and curators
- Hire, schedule, and oversee payment of photographers
- Process, link, and archive digital files
- Assist with all phases of production for Museum publications overseen by the Art Department, including delivery of manuscripts, images, and other aspects of a printed book
- Assist the Collections Manager with the organization and maintenance of the digital assets collection, including updating the collections management database with image permissions
- Make budget recommendations related to rights and reproductions and photography
- Assist with special projects as needed
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with ‘Rights and Reproductions Coordinator’ in the subject line. All interested applicants are requested to provide their expected earnings. No phone calls. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.