« Back to all jobs Program Specialist (Museum Registrar)
- Employer: Torrance Art Museum, Torrance, California, USA
- Salary: $17.60 - $19.42 Hourly
The Program Specialist (Museum Registrar) will ensure that loan forms are completed on all artwork lent to TAM, work with the Preparator and other museum staff to organize pick-up and delivery of artwork, complete condition reports on borrowed artwork, administer all exhibition schedules, assist with shipping arrangements, and perform other duties as required. The current exhibition schedule is generally 5 cycles per year in 3 galleries.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
The following duties represent the principal job duties; however, they are not all-inclusive.
- Assists in supervising facility operations and in developing planning, directing and implementing program activities. Instructs and supervises youth and adult program participants;
- Assists in maintaining Community Services facilities and coordinating equipment maintenance;
- Acts as a work unit lead, coordinating workflow, schedules, daily task delegation and on-the-job training assistance;
- Researches, prepares and disseminates necessary reports, publicity, and statistical data as required.
- Assists in preparing and processing program records and documents.
- Provides customer service, including information regarding programs, related schedules, fees, and facility amenities.
- Resolves participant conflicts and complaints; refers disputes to a supervisor, as appropriate.
- Leads or provides work direction to Program Leaders
- Performs lower level tasks within the Program Leader Series.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Depending on the assignment, any of the following duties may also be essential:
- Coordinates the packing and transport of artworks for exhibition;
- Installs and de-installs artwork;
- Manages and monitors the café or other food services programs;
- Registers participants, collects and distributes large sums of money and issues receipts;
- Coordinates facility rentals;
- Coordinates the work of volunteers to include assigning, monitoring and reviewing work.