- Employer: Bellevue Arts Museum, Bellevue, Washington, USA
- Salary: $54,000-$57,000 per year
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Working with the Curatorial Staff, the Museum Registrar will be responsible for creating and
maintaining orderly systems for the management of exhibitions, as well as coordinating all aspects
of borrowing and lending objects. This includes the negotiation of loan contracts, as well as the
performance and supervision of packing, shipping, and object condition reports. The Registrar will
also be responsible for managing all internal art-related policies.
- Negotiate loan contracts and oversee insurance for fine arts in BAM’s care.
- Collaborate with lenders, artists, museums, galleries, customs brokers, and vendors on exhibition loans.
- Work closely with curatorial staff on exhibition production. • Oversee physical art inventory and
databases for all artworks in BAM’s custody and care.
- Manage proper handling of all artwork on premises and in storage, provide preventive conservation care, and perform daily inspections.
- Implement best standards of collections care, policies, and security procedures for artworks,
galleries, and exhibitions, and work closely with security forces.
- Create, compile, and maintain exhibitions policies, legal documents, histories of use, and physical histories of exhibitions.
- Disseminate information as needed to other departments, researchers and students.
- Coordinate and schedule with museum event and building staff on multi-use areas concerning
incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Schedule, coordinate and oversee professional packing and shipping for national and international loans.
- Coordinate exhibitions, installations, and deinstallations with museum staff and lenders.
- Act as a courier or designate courier.
- Supervises, schedules, and performs packing, shipping, condition reporting, and objects movement.
- Manages rights and reproduction requests.
- Assist art content and coordinate photo shoots, work with editors, curators, and artists to produce museum publications.
- Manage and coordinate BAM’s nationally traveling exhibitions
Please send cover letter and resume with the subject line, “Museum Registrar” to
[email protected]. Applicants will receive an automated response. Candidates whose
qualifications and background are of interest will be contacted directly. Bellevue Arts Museum
provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition
to federal law requirements, Bellevue Arts Museum complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training. For further information about the Museum, visit bellevuearts.org