« Back to all jobs Museum Curator
- Employer: Naval History and Heritage Command, Bremerton, WA, USA
- Salary: GS 9 $63,526 - $82,580 per year
- Posting Closes: March 24, 2023
This job is open to recent graduates.
Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute or certificate program within the last 2 years or 6 years for Veterans.
- You will serve as the primary advisor and subject matter expert to the Director on all matters relating to history of the U.S Navy in the Pacific Northwest in relation to the artifact collection.
- You will implement the museum’s Collections Management Policy, Emergency Disaster Preparedness Plan, Environmental Monitoring Program, and Integrated Pest Management Program.
- You will select artifacts and photographs for display and ensure proper environmental and preservation practices during exhibit development.
- You will be responsible for identifying, acquiring, and documenting Navy equipment and operations which have potential historical significance.
- You will ensure the proper and respectful use of the collections, to include conducting provenance research in providing greater knowledge of and accessibility to the museum’s artifact collection.
- You will participate in all aspects of museum processing, to include accessioning, cataloging, condition reporting, deaccessioning, conservation assessments, and entering information in the museum’s electronic database system.
- You will accomplish routine and special functions necessary to maintain, store, and preserve the museum?s artifact collection and must possess demonstrated experience in handling, storing, packing, and exhibiting three-dimensional artifacts.