« Back to all jobs Museum Collections Specialist
- Employer: Eames Institute, East Bay Area, CA
- Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per year
At the Eames Institute, we aim to equip everyone with the lessons of Ray and Charles Eames, so that anyone can use design to solve problems.
We are seeking a Museum Collections Specialist to join our team on a temporary basis (six months to one year). Under the direction and supervision of the Collections Manager/Registrar, the Museum Collections Specialist performs a variety of collections duties of thoughtful care for the Institute’s materials. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This position is primarily based out of our East Bay facilities in Concord and Richmond.
Are you a curious problem solver? Do you love to learn continuously? Do you take your play as seriously as you take your work? If so, we want to hear from you.
As the Museum Collections Specialist, you will:
- Assist Collections Team with inventory of Eames archival materials, including documentary photography, excel spreadsheet data input, descriptions and condition reporting
- Rehouse objects into archival storage containers
- Work closely with Collections Team and Project Manager facilitating storage move to offsite location
- Contribute knowledge with collections management system, TMS-Collections preferred, including cataloging and image input