« Back to all jobs Multimedia Archivist
- Employer: Musical Instrument Museum, Phoenix, AZ
- Salary: $50,000 - $52,000
The Mission of MIM: The Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) enriches our world by collecting, preserving, and making accessible an astonishing variety of musical instruments and performance videos from every country in the world. MIM offers guests a welcoming and fun experience, incomparable interactive technology, dynamic programming, and exceptional musical performances. MIM fosters appreciation of the world’s diverse cultures by showing how we innovate, adapt, and learn from each other to create music—the language of the soul.
Position Summary: The Multimedia Archivist will have primary responsibility for processing, documenting, and managing the Archives and Audio-Visual collection as well as managing all internal and external licensing requests. The Archivist will be familiar with all aspects of multimedia archival work, including managing a digital asset database, rights/reproduction issues, and licensing of all audio-visual products.
We are looking for a dynamic individual capable of maintaining a system of organization for our large collection of images and audio-visual materials. The ideal candidate will be detail- and process-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Act as primary point of contact on issues relating to image copyright and licensing, liaising with relevant departments on the use of images within exhibits, programs, and marketing materials
- In collaboration with curators, multimedia producers, exhibit designers and others, obtain images and a/v materials, permissions and copyright from lenders, consultants, and services; track licensing restrictions; negotiate licensing fees, credit line information, and terms
- Manage and maintain policies and procedures for rights and reproduction of MIM-owned materials
- Work creatively with team to establish policies and procedures for processing a/v materials and archives
- Monitor and maintain usability of digital asset management system (Piction) and its interfaces.
- Collaborate with the Collections department on collection management issues related to a/v materials
- Champion the use of digital archives best practices among team including training new team members; support and train team members on rights and reproductions issues when necessary
- Manage use of collection images internally or externally including requests for research, publication, and publicity; supply photographic material with image and copyright credits