« Back to all jobs Historic Sites Registrar
The Church History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is looking for a historic sites registrar. As a member of the department’s historic sites division, this individual will assist in managing and preserving the sacred settings of the Restoration so they can bear witness to the world that God has restored His Church and Kingdom in the last days.
Is your answer “Yes” to the following questions?
- Do you have a passion for the history of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
- Do you have an intense desire to make a difference in the world?
- Do you thrive on doing what it takes to get the job done?
- Are you known as a person who loves the nitty gritty details of their work?
- Do others sense your upbeat approach?
- Do you frequently take charge and provide leadership in a variety of situations?
- Are you not afraid to ask for help when you get stuck or don’t know what to do?
- Do others know that you’ve got their back and will step up when they need help?
- Can you see the forest through the trees and help others do the same?
1. Collections Management (80%)
- Conduct collection management projects at historic sites, such as: cataloging, inventories, rehousing, and moving collections.
- Manage storage and exhibit areas at historic sites.
- Preserve a record of projects, by documenting each project with thorough written reports of materials, and methods used, and photographs, as needed.
- Facilitate appropriate access to the historic sites collection via proper circulation and loan methods.
- Contribute to written materials prepared for historic site missionaries.
- Communicate regularly with conservation staff regarding perceived conservation needs for objects at historic sites.
- Serve as expert in the field, making presentations within the department and potentially in external venues.
- Oversee the work of less experienced staff and nonprofessional volunteer staff, providing training, direction, and feedback.
2. Acquisitions (10%)
- Serve as historic sites representative on department acquisitions board.
- Consult with historic sites material culture specialist and other colleagues in evaluating items for potential acquisition.
- Ensure items for historic sites are acquired and catalogued properly.
3. Other Duties (10%)
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices and develop self professionally by participating in various development activities, such as professional seminars and conferences, and reading professional literature.
- Perform other tasks according to project needs and individual capabilities and interests.
Only members of the Church who are worthy of a temple recommend qualify for employment. Apart from this, the Church is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on any basis that would violate U.S. or local law.
Job Posting ID: 328987