- Employer: R & Company, Brooklyn, NY
- Salary: $65,000 per year
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, the Gallery Registrar ensures the safe and professional delivery of one-of-a-kind objects to locations throughout the US and abroad. The Gallery Registrar will interface with the gallery partners, Artist Liaison and Sales staff, ensuring that works are properly moved between the Galleries, Warehouse, artist studios, fabricators, art fairs, and client locations. This position will be located at R & Co.’s warehouse facility located in Brooklyn. The Gallery Registrar oversees all registration duties and aspects of inventory/collections management, including management of the database, execution of consignment and loan agreements, as well as supervision of the movement, packing, storage, transport, and installation of works at both the gallery and warehouse. The Gallery Registrar will also oversee the general maintenance of the gallery.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory/collections management systems, policies and procedures, including inventory management and condition reports related to the receipt, documentation, storage, restoration and preservation of all inventory. Assist in the development of policies for the permanent collections. Maintain accurate records of limited editions
- Document instructions for care, maintenance, and installation of contemporary and historical works. Provide documentation to the Artist Liaison so instructions are part of the permanent artist file
- Maintain the HUB inventory dat abase for tracking inventory, including descriptions, images, editions, origin, history, provenance, exhibitions, location, condition reports, damage/repair, sales. Regularly generate required reports on inventory.
- Track all artist inventory and edition numbers, providing up to date edition reports to sales team as needed.
- Maintain accurate records and labels of all consigned and owned inventory (vintage, contemporary and limited editions), including items at gallery, warehouse and items loaned/consigned to museums, galleries, and other institutions within NYC and worldwide; and items sold, while in the gallery’s possession prior to release to clients.
- Responsible for intake and condition reporting of inventory, including updating the database, tagging items, and reporting issues to the Director of Logistics and gallery partners.
- Conduct physical inventory of items periodically, verifying location and condition/status of items.
- Responsible for all pre- and post-sale inventory processing including coordinating with sales team on needs and deadlines and managing the flow of information for movement of inventory, photos, repairs, pieces going out on approval, shipping quotes, delivery, shipping payments and client interface.
- Coordinate and manage the packing and delivery schedule for exhibitions, art fairs, commissions, sales, and rentals.
- Provide time-sensitive packing and transport quotes for in-house jobs and client shipments and oversee all pickups and deliveries. Ensure proper handling, packing and documentation of work
- Work with sales team on sales fulfillment including scheduling deliveries with artists, 3rd party vendors and clients.
- Interact regularly and maintain relationships with gallery staff, clients, art handlers, installers, shippers, and other vendors to coordinate activities
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]