- Employer: L.A. Louver, Venice, CA, USA
- Salary: $60,000 – $80,000, commensurate with experience.
One of the longest established contemporary art galleries on the West Coast, L.A. Louver is seeking a full-time
Registrar to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have two to five years of experience with a fine art gallery,
shipping company, or arts institution, and an excellent understanding of professional best practices.
The Registrar will need to be a strong team player, working closely with the Director of Operations and Facilities
and gallery preparators to organize shipping, framing, and conservation; maintain and update the inventory
database; and liaise with gallery colleagues, artists, clients, and vendors.
This colleague must be extremely detail oriented by nature, a clear and gracious communicator, capable of
working well under deadline pressures, and have good professional judgment.
Responsibilities may include:
• Initiate and monitor incoming and outgoing shipments (both domestic and international), communicating
with shipping vendors to obtain estimates and manage pickup, transportation, and endpoint delivery of
• Track and manage artwork movements, consignments and loan agreements
• Ensure artwork inventory database records remain correct and updated, prioritizing artwork details,
images, location, condition, framing and production costs, as well as provenance and exhibition history
entries, working closely with Archive.
• General collections management, including condition reporting, cataloguing, and tracking of artworks
across multiple locations, including on- and off-site storage, artist studios and exhibition loans
• Oversee basic art handling and preparation duties; assist as needed with packing and unpacking,
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to [email protected]