« Back to all jobs Director of Collections Care and Management
- Employer: Hirshhorn Museum & Sculpture Garden, Washington DC
- Salary: $126,233 - $164,102 per year
- Posting Closes: 10/04/2022
As the Director of the Collection Care and Management, the incumbent would provides care of the HMSG’s permanent collection, that include over 12,000 works range in date from the mid-19th century to the present and include painting, sculpture, works on paper, photographs, prints, films, video, and installation works, as well as large-scale sculpture, some of which is installed on the Plaza and in the Sculpture Garden.
- Supervise and direct day-to-day functions of Collections Care and Management staff, establishes standards and department-wide priorities, and serves as a member of the museum’s senior management team.
- Develop short and long-range plans for the collection management program at HMSG, serving as the principal technical advisor to the Director, Deputy Director, and Chief Curator on museum collection management; supervises administrative, curatorial, collection management, and support staff in the planning, development, implementation, and review of collection management objects, policies, standards, and priorities.
- Coordinate facilities management, public services, administrative staff and archival staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of processes, procedures, and systems for environmental control.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and management of annual departmental budgets, and provides administration and oversight of all aspects of contract work.