- Employer: San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles, San Jose, CA, USA
San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles is seeking a part-time Digital Curator.
San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles (SJMQT) is a forward-looking and innovative museum located in downtown San Jose, at the heart of Silicon Valley. The mission of SJMQT is to share and celebrate the art and culture of textiles. The museum presents dynamic exhibitions and interactive public programs, which explore the role of textiles in contemporary global culture, and evolution of the textile arts in the Bay Area and greater California. The museum is committed to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion in all its work. As a cultural institution, the SJMQT strives to create a workplace that is respectful, thoughtful, and welcoming for all staff, visitors, and stakeholders.
The San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles seeks an experienced and driven digital curator who will be dedicated to developing, implementing, and coordinating processes around the SJMQT’s online and other digital programming. The digital curator will create and execute strategies to enhance the Museum’s online exhibitions and support the Museum’s engagement with Textile Talks, a weekly program of presentations and panel discussions organized by the International Quilt Museum, the Modern Quilt Guild, Quilt Alliance, San Jose Museum of Quilts & Textiles, Studio Art Quilt Associates and Surface Design Association.
Reporting to the director of the SJMQT, and serving as a critical member of the programming team, the core responsibilities of the digital curator will be to:
- Develop and contribute to SJMQT’s multi-media digital exhibitions, events, programs, and projects
- Provide back-end technical support for the SJMQT presentations for Textile Talks
- Utilize digital platforms and displays to make collections and exhibitions visible to new and existing audiences
- Remain current with emerging standards and professional best practices
Send resume, letter of interest, 2 recommendations and a writing sample to [email protected]. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.