- Employer: Milken Center for Advancing the American Dream, Washington, D.C.
- Salary: $70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
About the Position:
The Digital Assets and Collections Manager will be a key member of the curatorial and exhibits team, reporting to the Lead Curator. They will be primarily responsible for managing both physical and digital materials that form assets for exhibits. The role will act as a crucial connection between exhibit design and content creation with archival material. There are two main categories of collections to maintain, including both existing items and assets to be acquired or developed:
- Digital/Audio/visual archives (75% time) – this includes selections that will be used in MCAAD exhibits and online programs from a substantial back catalog of raw and produced video footage from past Milken organization events, American Dream interviews, podcasts, and photos from events and individuals, as well as additional content being taped throughout exhibit development. This material is maintained and backed up through A/V and IT partners, but this role will become the prime expert on how to access, search, and identify key content for use.
- Artifacts and objects (25% time)– this includes Riggs National Bank archives that might be shared on loan, along with other items salvaged from the historic building. In this category, the role will also be responsible for managing acquisitions and relationships with donors, lenders, and partners, as well as care of items on display and in MCAAD storage
- Manage full inventory of collections items to be used in MCAAD exhibits and online programs, including artifacts and digital assets via CMS, Akomi and other collections and asset management software
- Manage care of physical objects and coordinate with MCAAD Visitor Center security, maintenance, and operations regarding cleaning, pest management, storage, and other logistics
- Manage acquisitions and loans, both incoming and outgoing
- Contribute to exhibit planning and installation of items; identify key digital assets to be incorporated into content
- Manage relationship with MFF Creative Services media assets division
- Support internal requests for information and materials from audio/visual archives relating to exhibit and program content
- Help identify, assess, and make recommendations on acquisitions that support mission
About the Milken Institute
The Center is a division of the Milken Institute, a globally engaged, publicly supported, non-partisan, nonprofit think tank with offices in Santa Monica, California, Washington, D.C., London, and Singapore. Its mission is to improve lives around the world by advancing innovative economic and policy solutions that create jobs, widen access to capital and enhance health. The Milken Institute offers an excellent benefit package including medical/dental, LTD, Life, Flex Spending Program, and a 403(b) tax-deferred retirement savings plan. E.O.E.