- Employer: Norton Simon Museum, Pasadena, California, USA
Reporting to the Chief Curator, this full-time position provides administrative and curatorial support for the Art Department.
- Act as administrative assistant to the Chief Curator
- Provide research and exhibition support for the curators
- Oversee research visits related to the collections, art files and archives
- Respond to public inquiries by telephone and email
- Develop, communicate, and track simultaneous schedules and calendars to ensure timely development of projects
- Schedule and coordinate departmental meetings
- Process purchase orders and check requests and assist with a variety of accounting tasks, including budget preparation and tracking
- Create, manage and maintain the frame inventory in consultation with the Manager of Installations and Collections Care
- Typeset, print, and archive permanent collection labels
- Archive exhibition labels and documentation in consultation with the Registrar’s Office
- Other special projects as directed by the Chief Curator
- B.A. degree in art history or a related field, with interest in the areas represented by the Museum and Foundations’ art collections
- Excellent writing and communication skills, show attention to detail, and display good judgement
- Interact professionally and effectively with staff at all organizational levels and use discretion in all communications
- Proficiency in collections management databases is desirable
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience, and includes excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision and life insurance and a generous pension program.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with ‘Curatorial Assistant / Assistant to the Chief Curator’ in the subject line.
All interested applicants are requested to provide their expected earnings.
No phone calls. Due to volume of resumes received, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of resumes.