This is a full-time, project position expected to last 19 months.
The hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. It will be in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. Application review will begin the week of September 26, 2022.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be facilitating a major content management and delivery project; increasing access to the MAC’s diverse collections of archives, arts, and cultural material via the implementation of a new Museum Collections Management System (CMS). You will work with MAC staff, Washington State’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), and contractors to ensure that the CMS replacement project meets its goals and is delivered on time and within budget. You’ll be negotiating, conveying, and advocating for the needs of the MAC and especially its curatorial team to third parties ensuring compliance with state and industry policies and standards, and you’ll be developing and managing project work plans and planning activities for migration to a new CMS.
Some of what you’ll enjoy doing includes:
- Convene and coordinate the activities of the CMS Implementation Team ensuring all activities are within scope and budget
- Organize and coordinate meetings, workshops and interviews based on project needs and timelines
- Develop a finalized work plan and establish a timeline, including milestones and reporting deadlines
- Coordinate project management needs with QA vendor
- Maintain OCIO program dashboard
- Review, monitor and report all project progress and activities to Steering Committee
- Analyze and measure outcomes in relation to the objectives of each project phase
- Gather data and relevant financial information for generating reports
- Create and maintain project documentation and records
- Document all development of software and system architecture
- Oversee migration of all collection data from old systems to new system(s)
- Assist in daily management of database(s) including ensuring integrity and consistency of information in database (setting protocols), updating and correcting existing data and linking digital assets
- Review, analyze that business requirements are met in new system
- Plan, coordinate user testing