- Employer: Brandywine River Museum of Art, Chadds Ford, PA
- Salary: $44,000-$48,000 per year
The Associate Registrar assists the Senior Registrar in the management of the collections and is responsible for a broad range of registration and collections care functions. Reports to the Senior Registrar and collaborates with the Preparators, Exhibitions Manager, Curators, Manager of the Research Center, and volunteers/interns.
- Maintain proper care and housing of objects in storage and undertake inventories.
- Oversee environmental monitoring and reporting.
- Coordinate permanent collection gallery installations.
- Process and catalogue new acquisitions.
- Handle internal and external requests for information about the collections.
- Aid in conservation projects with contract conservators.
- Execute correspondence and necessary documentation for extended loans, including condition reporting, and coordinate logistics including packing, shipping, and insurance arrangements.
- Assist with processing outgoing loan requests, including review of borrower facilities reports
- Coordinate updates to collections management database and online database. Revise and update database records. Work on ongoing database cleanup projects.
- In collaboration with the Senior Registrar, manage collections management database standards.
- Process internal and external image and rights and reproduction requests, including Marketing/PR and Education projects. Research copyright for objects.
- Coordinate ongoing photography of the collections and maintain annual budget. Add/update images in database and manage existing digital image library.
- Assist Senior Registrar with temporary exhibitions, as needed.
- Serve as a courier for outgoing loans or traveling exhibitions, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Senior Registrar.