« Back to all jobs Associate Registrar, Shipping & Logistics
David Kordansky Gallery seeks a highly motivated, extremely organized, and collaborative individual to join our team as Associate Registrar, Shipping & Logistics. Reporting to the Registrar, the Associate Registrar, Shipping & Logistics is a critical, cross-departmental role, responsible for supporting a range of significant functions of the operations, sales, and finance teams, including the oversight and coordination of all outgoing shipments. This position is a full-time role, Monday through Friday, and may require flexibility for additional hours based on the needs of the gallery. A generous benefits package is offered.
- Maintain and update gallery inventory records, including exhibition and provenance information, auction inventory, and all related documentation
- Accept and/or release artwork to shippers and/or clients, preparing outgoing work and release paperwork
- Secure quotes for client shipments, liaising with clients and shippers directly; arrange client shipments of sold artwork
- Maintain an understanding of current state sales tax laws, amounts, and exceptions in relation to invoicing and shipping; work with clients and the finance team on accurate sales tax billing
- Liaise with registration team on art fair and exhibition dispersals, overseeing the collection and/or return of artwork s in conjunction with the Sales team
- Assist in the artwork donation process, including paperwork and shipping needs
- Maintain offsite and onsite storage inventory, conducting bi-annual audits with the oversight of the Registrar; propose and implement cost-saving measures
- Assist in the packing/unpacking of artworks and condition reporting, as needed
- Maintain hard and digital copies of the artist files, including production, installation, and handling notes
How to apply:
Please submit the following via email with the subject line ASSOCIATE REGISTRAR, SHIPPING & LOGISTICS to [email protected]:
- a cover letter detailing your previous experience and how you would approach the position
- a resume
In your application, please note all relevant skills requested in the qualifications above.
BIPOC and LGTBQIA+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants with most, if not all, of the requested qualifications are invited to apply. Submissions including the above items will be prioritized. No phone or walk-in inquiries, please.