- Employer: Concord Museum Concord, MA
- Salary: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
The Associate Curator/Manager of Exhibitions oversees all exhibition projects of the Concord Museum. As a member of the Museum’s exhibition team, the Associate Curator/Manager of Exhibitions works with the Curator and Collections Director to manage the conceptualization, research, planning, budgeting, implementation, and installation of temporary exhibitions as well as updates to the permanent galleries. With careful consideration of the Museum brand, the Associate Curator/Manager of Exhibitions ensures that the Museum produces the highest quality and most engaging product on time and within budget, while properly executing copyright, licensing, and contracts for exhibit services. The Associate Curator/Manager of Exhibitions also supports institution-wide initiatives as needed in both lead and supporting roles.
- Manages the development, design, implementation, and installation of temporary exhibitions and updates to the permanent galleries
- Works with the Curator to define project scope, goals, interpretive framework, and deliverables
- Administers the processing of all exhibition expenditures, keeping within approved budgets, and working productively with the Finance Department to provide relevant documentation
- Participates in text writing and editing of exhibition labels, working with the exhibition team and the Museum educators
- Coordinates the visual research and design concept for exhibition identity across all platforms including titles, text panels, colors, labels, banners, invitations, and signage
- Designs and produces in-house graphics and labels
- Assists the design, writing, and production of exhibition catalogues, announcements, signage, brochures, and other public materials and publications.
- Coordinates the work of Museum staff and external contractors and consultants, including, but not limited to, members of an advisory committee, partner organizations, exhibition interns, Consulting or Guest Curator, Research Associate, exhibition designer, fabricator, videographer, and mount maker
- Coordinates the outside fabrication and installation of exhibition 3D and 2D components including graphics, hands-on interactives, and technology-based features and digital media
- Facilitates communication among all stakeholders and ensures that key issues are addressed proactively throughout the process
- Assists in the implementation of Curatorial public programming and assists the Education Department in their development of exhibition- and collection-based interpretive materials.
- Provides necessary materials to the Advancement and Marketing departments for grant proposals, grant reports, and promotion of curatorial projects and activities.
- Works in tandem with the Curator and Collections Director to ensure proper maintenance and handling of the permanent collection in compliance with AAM policies and procedures and undertakings related to temporary loans, exhibitions, digitization, or other projects.