- Employer: John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI
- Salary: $18.65 to $22.00 per hour
A nationally acclaimed visual and performing arts complex in downtown Sheboygan, the John Michael Kohler Arts Center is devoted to innovative explorations in contemporary art. Central to its mission is promoting an understanding and appreciation of the work of self-taught and contemporary artists through original exhibitions, commissioned works of art, performing arts programming, community arts initiatives, and publications. The Arts Center’s collections focus primarily on works by environment builders, self-taught and folk artists, and works created in the Arts/Industry residency program.
The 100,000-square-foot Arts Center comprises ten galleries, a flexible performance space, studio-classrooms, meeting spaces, SHOP, and CAFE. The Arts Center also has an adjunct site: ARTspace, an exhibition space and shop in The Shops at Woodlake in Kohler Village. In 2021, the Arts Center will open the Art Preserve, a new building dedicated to the display and study of JMKAC’s collection of artist-built environments.
Are you an exhibitions-focused individual with registrarial experience and an affinity for working with artists and artworks? Do you have a high level of drive, organizational practices, and competency in technology used in object documentation and collection/loan processing?
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center (JMKAC) in Sheboygan, WI, is seeking an Assistant Registrar to support the larger registrarial team in the management of incoming and outgoing loans for exhibitions and the maintenance of a collection comprising over 35,000 objects.
- Maintain all aspects of collection records, including accession, deaccession, deeds of gifts, and object records
- Assist in the processing of incoming gifts and scheduled inventories of collection objects
- Assist in the Arts/Industry collection processing and inventory
- Assist in the maintenance involved in environmental monitoring of galleries and collections spaces
- Assist and manage documentation projects related to the collection, including photography, digitization, 3D scanning, and condition reporting works outdoors
- Work with the exhibitions team on planning and logistics of each temporary exhibition
- Assist in the maintenance of accurate records regarding lender requirements, shipping details, and courier information for each object and shipment
- Work with registrarial team to assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures to streamline and automate temporary loan information flow
- Assist in the packing, unpacking, and installation of work as needed
- Assist with loading and unloading of art