« Back to all jobs Assistant Registrar, Collections and Exhibitions
- Employer: The Menil Collection, Houston TX
Reporting to the Director of Collection Management, the Assistant Registrar, Collections and Exhibitions bridges the gap between logistics and collections registration. This position is charged with coordinating smaller collection-based exhibitions and gallery refreshes; acquisitions shipping as assigned; assistance with collections photography scheduling; management of the Art Logistics calendar and work order system and electronic and physical file management per established protocols. Special projects as assigned.
Coordinate all registrarial aspects for in-house collection-based exhibitions and rotations as assigned:
- Actively coordinate with members of Curatorial, Conservation, Exhibitions Design, and Art Services Departments to establish schedules;
- Disseminate information to all departments for effective communication; and,
- Prepare and monitor budgets for areas related to registration and art services for assigned exhibitions and rotations.
Coordinate incoming loans related to assigned exhibitions including but not limited to TMS tracking/entry, loan contracts, insurance coordination, packing/crating, security, and shipping.
Coordinate loan paperwork, insurance, packing/crating, and shipping logistics for incoming acquisition considerations.
Manage the established Art Logistics calendar and work order system, which includes:
- Track incoming work orders via a Menil Google form; b. run TMS reports to include in the calendar event; and,
- Work closely with the Art Services Department to monitor work order progress through completion.
Assist Imaging Services Department with scheduling permanent collection photography, particularly for works going on view in collection-based exhibitions and rotations.
Coordinate the insurance valuation update process for the permanent collection and track and adhere to the limit of requests with outside verbal valuation contractors.
Maintain accurate and organized exhibition and loan files (both physical and electronic) per the Department of Collection Management’s established procedures.
Act as the assigned registrar for the de Menil’s residence and coordinate all art-related logistics.
Additional special projects as assigned.