« Back to all jobs Assistant Registrar
- Employer: Artis—Naples, Naples, FL
- Salary: $19.00 - $22.00 per hour
|The Assistant Registrar assists with the preservation and care of the permanent collection and artworks on loan to the museum. Coordinates some aspects of touring exhibitions and loans. Assists with the full range of routine collections management activities, including but not limited to, processing, inventory, collections storage, object housing, location tracking, packing and transport, integrated pest management, environmental monitoring, disaster preparedness, condition reporting and troubleshooting both in storage and exhibition spaces.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
• Assists with all aspects of collections care, following and implementing accepted museum professional standards and practices
• Performs and records collections inventories under the supervision of the Registrar.
• Tracks internal and external movement of objects in the care of the museum, including collection objects, acquisition candidates, and loans
• Records relevant collections information in the museum’s collections management database, The Museum System (TMS)
• Assists with the care and management of the Museum’s paper files pertaining to loans, exhibitions and accessions
• Assists with creating condition reports for objects in the museum’s possession.
• Assists with monitoring Relative Humidity and Temperature in collections storage facilities and exhibition locations
• Assists with the physical handling and care of artworks in the museum’s possession
• Assists with the coordination of shipping for touring exhibitions and other incoming loans
• Assists with preparing incoming and outgoing receipts
• Assists with photography of permanent collections objects
• Assists with securing artwork image reproduction permissions
• Works closely with curators, exhibitions manager, art handlers, couriers and facilities team members on exhibition installations/de-installations to ensure safe handling and proper installation of objects