The Oklahoma City Museum of Art is one of the leading arts institutions in the region. The Museum presents a dynamic range of exhibitions organized from prestigious museums and collections throughout the world. The Museum’s own diverse collection features highlights from North America, Europe, and Asia, with particular strengths in American art and postwar abstraction. The permanent collection also boasts one of the world’s largest public collections of Dale Chihuly glass, a major collection of photography by Brett Weston, and the definitive museum collection of works by the Washington Color painter Paul Reed. The Museum’s renowned Samuel Roberts Noble Theater screens the finest international, independent, documentary, and classic films. Museum amenities include the Museum Store and the Roof Terrace. The Oklahoma City Museum of Art is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums and is a member of the Association of Art Museum Directors. The Museum serves over 125,000 visitors annually from all fifty states and thirty foreign countries.
Supports the Museum’s mission of enriching lives through the visual arts by assisting with record keeping, basic collections care, and the maintenance of collections storage and galleries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct permanent collection cataloguing, documentation, and data entry in The Museum System (TMS) and maintenance of the physical object files;
- Assist with the management, organization, and cataloguing of the Museum’s digital assets;
- Assist in making the permanent collection more accessible through new online initiatives;
- Assist with annual collection inventories;
- Record in TMS the movement and locations of all objects in the building and off-site;
- Maintain and organize collections storage, including ordering collections care tools and supplies;
- Conduct daily maintenance and inspection of the permanent and special exhibition galleries and collections storage;
- Facilitates collections and exhibitions related work by outside contractors, including photographers, conservators, and couriers;
- Follows collection guidelines as outlined in the Museum’s Collections Management Policy and in the internal departmental procedures;
- Assist in the planning and installation of Museum exhibitions;
- Other related duties as assigned